2.06.2012

11.21.11 - My water broke!

Ok..time to backtrack and capture memories from where I last left off in my pregnancy..........


It was 11.21.11.


I was 38 weeks and 2 days.


Seemingly a normal day.


Me and Elijah at Whole Foods.

I had went with Kaye and Elijah to Whole Foods earlier in the day. Funny story about that..Tristan had said, "going to Whole Foods may be doing to much, you might go into labor." I laughed and told him I would be fine.
  NOTE: we didn't want me to go into labor yet because in order for Tristan to get an extra 3 weeks of paternity leave added to his time off he had to have been with PWC 3 months and it wouldn't be 3 months until the 29th of November.

I took these pictures of my belly:





Fortunately I had just bought the car seat a few days before.
And..not that we needed it right away but we had put together the crib the Sunday evening before.

Later that night my water broke at 10:27 while laying in bed. I had had no signs of labor yet. Tristan had just gotten home from a short run and was walking around the room. I felt a pop and next thing I knew I could feel a gush of fluid. Fortunately it was clear with a little light bloody show. Tristan brought me a towel to sit on and it just kept coming for about 2 minutes. I felt like I had to pee so I went to the toilet peed and had to poop...just like I had read. We called my parents at about 10:45 to tell them and then called Tristan's parents at about 10:55.  I then took a long hot shower, blow dried my hair, brushed my teeth and put on makeup while Tristan scurried around emptying the trash, doing laundry, dishes etc. I then started doing a bit of prep work...taking off our good bedding, getting out the mattress cover from the birth kit, taking my cal mag supplement (just like my mom did right when she went into labor), and taking some Emergen-C. Still no "real" contractions...just some light braxton hicks, a little more trickling of fluid, and good baby movements.

That was about it for 11.21.11!













1 comment:

Mary said...

Yippee! I've been looking forward to this!