2.21.2012

Getting Somewhere? Daytime 11.22.11

So we walked and used the breast pump ALOT that day. I don't remember much else about the daytime of the 22nd, except for a few things. Tristan may remember more and he is planning on doing a post from his perspective!

1. Stacy Bailey came and dropped off an amazing painting for Levi (more on the painting in another post) and I barley got to spend any time with her because I was suppose to be focusing!

2. I was starting to get tired towards the end of the day due to the lack of sleep I had had the night before.

3. I opened a gift from my mom's cousin Linda..it was a handmade quilt for Levi made in memory of my grandma Betty. There was at least once I cuddled up with it during labor and cried because I was tired and really missed my grandma. I kept thinking about her..wanting to call her and tell her what was going on...or just have her say one of her straightforward comments to make me laugh.

4. If I wasn't outside walking I was upstairs with Tristan..not downstairs with my family watching movies and distracting myself like I had imagined!

5. Bethany and John Ryan arrived about 1pm(??), only to be shewed away(to Dan and Em's..more on their amazing hospitality later) with my dad per my midwife and her assistant's request later that evening. This was the most stressful part of the whole experience for me. I REALLY wanted them to stay at the house. I felt like Nina and Julia didn't understand how close my family was to me. That they didn't understand that they wouldn't be a bother or stress me out if they stayed. I didn't understand at the time how much I needed to NOT be distracted and really focus to help the contractions come on stronger and more consistent.  Because my water had broke before labor had started and things weren't progressing I had to do all I could to focus and get that oxytocin going in my body.

6. From what I remember my contractions were still not consistent or strong..I don't really remember any pain yet....later in the day I think things got more uncomfortable. My mood was pretty up beat the whole day...I was a little anxious though and ready to get the show on the road!

7. I continued to eat(maybe I had a sandwich or 2) and drink A LOT. I couldn't get enough water and gatorade or emergen-c!

8. Nina(Julia's assistant) was there on and off during the day and Julia arrived at about 6:30 pm?


Here is a video Tristan took at about 5pm. Shortly after this video I think we went for a walk which is when I remember things starting  to change!






No comments: