A sleepless night..

So the 21st spilled over into the 22nd.  We were still awake at 12am getting things done around the house because the day before I got behind on house work and EVERY meal I made or project I started I didn't clean up.  I just let it all slide.  I can remember telling Kaye I had to stop doing that so I didn't go into labor when things were a mess!!!  I still can't believe I said that to her because sure enough..that is what happened. It just happened to happen a lot sooner than I had anticipated!

I changed into something I thought I would be comfortable laboring in and something that would be modest enough to take pics and hang out with family in. 

I had just been given a sheet of instructions from my midwife on what to do if my water broke maybe a week or 2 before.  One of the instructions was to not call her if it broke after 10pm and things were ok(clear amniotic fluid,no temp, good fetal movement,etc, etc.) and I was not in active labor. Another instruction she gave was to get some sleep.  So once we were done getting stuff done we decided we would TRY to get some sleep.  This was A LOT harder to do than we thought it would be.

Here are a few videos from the wee hours of the morning on 11.22.11:

Take note of how chipper I look in this video...I was obviously feeling NOTHING!!! :) And we were so naive as too the long hard hours that were a head of us!

Take note of how Tristan describes my contractions in that video, "stronger menstrual cramps." That's for sure what they felt like at that time. Little did I know what I was experiencing was NOTHING compared to what the contractions would feel like later.

So at about 2:30 am after trying to watch a movie on the bathroom floor Tristan and I both got really hungry but we didn't have much food in the house and what we did have needed to be prepared, and neither of us felt like making any thing.  I got a text from my BFF Kate at 2:30am offering to do whatever we needed...actually she had sent the text a lot earlier BUT my phone was being stupid and I got it late. So thinking she was awake Tristan called her and asked if she could bring us some food...not realizing that we were waking her up! Ugh..I felt so bad... but Kate didn't skip a beat and was over to our place with a spread of great labor food. I am so glad she came over because the memory of the 3(4 including Levi!) of us sitting on our bathroom floor eating together at 3am  is priceless. 

When Kate let we tried to go to sleep. Tristan climbed back in our bed and I stayed on the pallet on the floor by the toilet since the contractions were still making me feel like I needed to pee all the time! 

I tried to go to sleep and I think I did some but there was a really loud thunder and lightening storm that kept me awake more than the contractions. Actually I don't think I was having any contractions a little after I tried to go to sleep.  And there started the trend of my on and off contractions, something I never expected.

No comments: