11.09.2011

Avery's Bachelorette Party

Since my last post on October 13th ALOT has happened! Here's a quick re-cap and some pictures from Avery's Bachelorette Party!

October 11-16th I was in Corpus!

October 14th Avery's Bridesmaids(which included myself) threw her a Bachelorette Party(pics of the party below).

October 15th my sweet Ave became Avery Smith!  Her wedding was lovely..perfect in every way really.. and I couldn't be happier for her and Geoff.  I couldn't stop the joy I was feeling seeing her marry the perfect man for her, while I was standing there pregnant with our boy and Katie was standing there pregnant with her second.  I just couldn't(and never want to) get over God's goodness, faithfulness and beauty to all three of us over the years. For those of you who don't know my parents and Katie and Avery's parents have been friends since 1977 and the 3 of us grew up together.  I can honestly say I don't remember a time in life without them. Though distance and busy lives makes it difficult to for us to stay in touch like I would like they will always be dear to me in ways like no other.

October 16th We had our first baby shower in Corpus...more on that in another post!!!

October 18th, 19th and 20th I got a crazy cold that basically had me bed ridden for three days. All I could do was sleep. My parents and my Grandad and Grandma left the 19th(??) to go on a Safari in Africa and and a cruise to different spots in the Holy Land.
October 25th we traveled to Floresville for Tristan's Grandma Mills(Judy's mom) funeral on the 26th.  She passed away after a long battle with Dementia/Alzheimer's.  It was a lovely service and amazing to see all the offspring that came from Marjorie and Judson, MANY of which are musical and sang at the funeral!  Judson and Marjorie have 5 children, 15 granchildren(8 boys and 7 girls), and 15 great grandkids(14 boys...which includes ours and Paul and Heidi's on the way...and 2 girls..including Abigail who passed away as an infant).  And that does not include all the spouses of the grandkids!  It was wonderful to be with everyone..I feel so blessed and honored to be a part of the Mills family!

October 26th(1am)- woke up with vomiting and diarrhea that I had for about 10 hours straight.  It was not fun and it took me at least 2 days to recover.  Apparently I was one of about 7 family members that got sick after we were all together at the funeral. 

October 29th- We had our 2nd baby shower in Austin.  More to come on that in another post as well.

That about sums up most of what's gone on...come on back though for there is more to come in other posts!

Now enjoy the pictures below of Avery's party!




















No comments: